Thank you for taking an interest in the University of Pécs Medical School English Program. Please note that the application period starts on 1st November 2023 and the application deadline is 30th June 2024 for the academic year 2024/2025 beginning from September 2024. (Please note that we have only one intake per academic year). Since admission is continuous, the earlier you apply, the more spots we can offer.
There are two rounds of the application and admission procedure:
I. online application and electronic submission of the first pile of documents, and admission
II. payment of the tuition fee and submission of the hard copy of the application file (submission of the paper version of the application file by posting or by handing in the documents personally in case of missing ones by the time of enrolment to the University at the latest)
I. online application and electronic submission of the first pile of documents, and admission.
You will need to register on the online application site of the University of Pécs, select your desired program, and fill out the application form online (link at the bottom of this page). You need to upload the following required documents (first pile):
- a passport-size photo
- copy of your valid passport with your personal data
- official copy of your secondary school leaving certificate (in English or with an authorized translation)
- official transcript of grades from secondary school (in English or with an authorized translation) (Note: you are invited to apply even if you’ll only get your high school leaving certificate in 2024. In case you get admitted you can submit the certificate as late as September 2024.)
- Europass CV (Curriculum Vitae) with a photo in English
After you have submitted your application, you are going to receive a notification for application fee payment. When we receive your application fee, we start the evaluation of your application and will invite you to the entrance exam. Please note that entrance exams are only organized between the beginning of March until the middle of July each year.
If you succeed on the entrance exam, you will receive the Acceptance Letter and a notification for tuition fee payment.
When we receive your tuition fee/deposit of the tuition fee, we issue you the Final Acceptance Letter and you can start arranging your travel to Pécs!
II. Payment of the tuition fee and submission of the hard copy of the application file
After being admitted (after taking a successful entrance exam or being admitted with exemption from taking the entrance exam), along with paying the tuition fee, the first pile of documents mentioned above should be mailed to the address of the English Admissions and Student Service Office.
Attention! The following additional documents in English/officially attested English translation must be collected and you need to have them ready by the time of travelling to Pécs/enrolment to the University of Pécs as you will have to take them with you for the obligatory preliminary medical health aptitude test during the first semester:
- medical certificate (signed & stamped by your family doctor)
- health history form (completed and signed by you)
- chest X-ray (doctor's note, not the image, and not older than 1 year)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against Hep B and C) OR serology results for Hep B and C
- HIV test result (not older than 3 months)
Please note that your application is valid only after you fully submitted your online application. The hard copy of your documents must be posted to us within two weeks of the payment of the tuition fee (or deposit payment) at the latest. Submission of the medical documents is not a prerequisite for enrolment, however, you must have them with you for the obligatory preliminary medical health aptitude test due in the first semester of the academic year 2024/2025.